Website SkyWest Airlines
SkyWest Airlines, the largest independently owned regional airline, is currently in search of individuals who take pride in seeing a job done well. We pride ourselves in being an on-time airline and are seeking dedicated individuals that understand a deadline-driven environment, while also maintaining high-quality standards of operational safety and customer service.
As a SkyWest employee, you will be part of an exciting team of professionals that love working in the travel industry and sharing their enthusiasm with the passengers. From the seasoned traveler to the first-time flier, we want to make each experience exceptional.
Primary Job Duties
The primary role of a SkyWest Flight Attendant is to ensure the safety of our passengers while they are onboard our aircraft. Important responsibilities also include caring for our passengers and offering exceptional customer service while serving meals and drinks. This is a dynamic and exciting position that allows you to travel, meet new challenges, and be invigorated every day as you portray the essence of SkyWest to our customers!
- Ensure the safety and comfort of customers onboard the aircraft
- Greet passengers, assist with carry-on baggage stowage, and deliver onboard announcements
- Provide effective leadership, direction, and assistance in emergency and non-emergency situations
- Calmly resolve passenger situations during flights, including disorderly passengers and medical emergencies
- Consistently contribute to a positive and productive work environment with employees and customers.
- Efficiently prepare, serve, and restock in-flight beverages, meals, snacks, and sell onboard liquor and food
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations by inspecting and safely operating aircraft cabin components, systems, and emergency equipment such as, escape slides, fire extinguishers, portable oxygen bottles, and automatic external defibrillators (AED)
- Adhere to established procedures and performance standards without supervision
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- A high school diploma or equivalency required
- Willing to work varied shifts up to 16 hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Able to travel frequently and spend long periods of time alone and without supervision
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Comfortable utilizing basic functions of electronic devices and PEDs to operate audio and video systems, collect and track in-flight purchases, and perform other flight and training duties
- Prior to attending training, the applicant must be in possession of a current, valid U.S or foreign passport and any applicable visas necessary to travel freely between the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Bahamas
- Excellent English communication skills are required to provide safety information to passengers and write clear, factual, and detailed reports pertaining to irregular, emergency, and security events