Website Delta Air Lines
Outstanding Flight Attendants are safety- and customer-centric professional who loves to be on the go, help others, and enjoy variety in their work. You should be excited at the prospect of solving problems and going above and beyond assuring our customers leave with a positive experience. The idea of joining a company that connects the world and building a lasting career, while enjoying flight privileges that are the envy of the marketplace, should excite you!
What You Need to Know:
- Flights operate day and night and all year-round, Flight Attendants must be open to flexible hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours.
- Delta offers a competitive compensation package, and our benefits program includes health and insurance coverage, 401(k) with a company match, a profit-sharing program, and worldwide travel privileges.
- Prior to beginning your role, new hires must successfully complete six weeks of training located at our World Headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
- Prepare food, beverages, and other supplies for each passenger in accordance with the individual needs of their ticket
- Ensure the safety and comfort of our customers while providing extraordinary customer service, at an altitude of at least 8,000 feet
- Willingness to adhere to our uniform and appearance guidelines, including tattoos and piercings restrictions
- Actively seek to ensure customers are safe and comfortable when an aircraft experience delays or hits turbulence
- Administer and coordinate emergency procedures or provide emergency care (e.g., performing CPR and basic first aid) when needed
- Respond to and provide clear and accurate directions (verbally or non-verbally) to customers in the event of an emergency
- Make decisions to address issues keeping in line with Delta policies, procedures, and core values
- Work both independently and as part of a team to accomplish work tasks
- Provide assistance lifting and stowing luggage into overhead bins and soliciting assistance when needed
- Prepare, serve, and sell beverages (including alcohol) and meals (which may include beef, pork, seafood, peanuts, etc.)
- Answer questions and assist customers when needed, particularly those with special needs meet timelines and handle unexpected changes in a time-sensitive and stressful environment
- Practice safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Be at least 21 years of age by August 1, 2022
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English fluently
- This is a physically demanding role that requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, and lifting (i.e., pushing/pulling beverage or food carts and lifting and opening emergency aircraft doors)
- Ability to sit in an assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened
- Ability to retrieve and store items in the overhead bins which can be as high as 74″ from the floor
- Willingness to accept an assignment to any Flight Attendant base after graduation from training, as decided by the needs of the operation
- Ability to acquire and keep current a passport and travel documents to freely enter and exit places where Delta flies. Must have a valid passport with a minimum of 28 months validity remaining before the first day of training.
- Additionally, non-US passport holders must be able to produce documents demonstrating their ability to exit and enter the United States without restriction.
- Complete a pre-employment Department of Transportation (DOT) drug test, and comprehensive background check, including a government-required fingerprint-based criminal history record check
- Flexibility to relocate or commute (i.e. standby travel) to and from your assigned base location and ability to fly both International and Domestic routes
- Must be willing to change and adapt to meet the demands of the job, including dealing with scheduling changes on short-notice