Website Delta Air Lines
Outstanding Flight Attendants are safety- and customer-centric professional who loves to be on the go, help others, and enjoy variety in their work. You should be excited at the prospect of solving problems and going above and beyond assuring our customers leave with a positive experience. The idea of joining a company that connects the world and building a lasting career, while enjoying flight privileges that are the envy of the marketplace, should excite you!
What You Need to Know:
- Prior to beginning your role, new hires must successfully complete six weeks of training located at our World Headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
- Flights operate day and night and all year round, Flight Attendants must be open to flexible hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours.
- Delta offers a competitive compensation package, and our benefits program includes health and insurance coverage, 401(k) with a company match, a profit-sharing program, and worldwide travel privileges.
- Answer questions and assist customers when needed, particularly those with special needs
Willingness to adhere to our uniform and appearance guidelines, including tattoos and piercings restrictions
- Actively seek to ensure customers are safe and comfortable when an aircraft experience delays or hits turbulence
- Administer and coordinate emergency procedures or provide emergency care (e.g., performing CPR and basic first aid) when needed
- Operate emergency equipment in the event of an emergency
- Ensure the safety and comfort of our customers while providing extraordinary customer service, at an altitude of at least 8,000 feet
- Provide assistance lifting and stowing luggage into overhead bins and soliciting assistance when needed
- Demonstrate the use of safety and emergency equipment and ensure safety requirements are met
- Prepare, serve, and sell beverages (including alcohol) and meals (which may include beef, pork, seafood, peanuts, etc.)
- Respond to and provide clear and accurate directions (verbally or non-verbally) to customers in the event of an emergency
- Make decisions to address issues keeping in line with Delta policies, procedures, and core values
- Work both independently and as part of a team to accomplish work tasks
Meet timelines and handle unexpected changes in a time-sensitive and stressful environment
- Practice safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Be at least 21 years of age by August 1, 2022
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Additionally, non-US passport holders must be able to produce documents demonstrating their ability to exit and enter the United States without restriction.
- Complete a pre-employment Department of Transportation (DOT) drug test, and comprehensive background check, including a government-required fingerprint-based criminal history record check
- This is a physically demanding role that requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, and lifting (i.e., pushing/pulling beverage or food carts and lifting and opening emergency aircraft doors)
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English fluently
- Ability to acquire and keep current a passport and travel documents to freely enter and exit places where Delta flies. Must have a valid passport with a minimum of 28 months validity remaining before the first day of training.
- Ability to sit in an assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened
- Ability to open emergency exits and close aircraft doors weighing up to 60 pounds and use of a food/beverage cart requiring 32lbs of force when pushing or pulling
- Flexibility to relocate or commute (i.e. standby travel) to and from your assigned base location and ability to fly both International and Domestic routes
- Ability to retrieve and store items in the overhead bins which can be as high as 74″ from the floor
- Willingness to accept an assignment to any Flight Attendant base after graduation from training, as decided by the needs of the operation
- Must be willing to change and adapt to meet the demands of the job, including dealing with scheduling changes on short-notice