Website Southwest Airlines
Firstly, congratulations on deciding to follow your dreams to become a Flight Attendant! I worked as an Air Hostess for almost 4 years and I remember vividly being where you are now, searching for help on the internet about the Assessment process and what to expect in the interview.
As with any Flight Attendant application process, there are several stages that you will need to pass in order to make it through to the final stage. You successfully need to make it through each stage to continue on to the next. Failure to do so will unfortunately mean you cannot progress to the next stage.
Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant Requirements
- Must be 20 years of age or older
- Previous aviation industry experience
- Additional education beyond high school
- Must have no visible tattoos or body piercings (excluding ear lobes).
- Must be fully vaccinated against covid-19.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance according to the appearance standard set by Southwest Airlines
- Fluent in English
- Must have perfect vision or vision correctable to 20/40
- Weight should be in proportion to height
- Ability to pass a background check, medical test, and drug test
- Able to lift 50 pounds from floor to shoulder level, as well as stand, kneel, lift and reach
- Meet physical requirements of the job (reach overhead bins, stand for long periods of time, etc)
- 1 year or more experience working in customer service or guest care
- Have enough physical ability so that the performing job functions are not hindered
- Walk and fit comfortably down the aircraft aisle whilst facing forward, fit quickly through the overwing window exit, and fit into and fasten their jumpseat harness without modification.
Southwest Airlines Application Process:
- Apply online
- Online assessment
- Physical Performance Standards Proficiency Assessment & Background Checks
- Attend Initial Training
- Telephone interview
- In-Person Interviews