Website United Airlines
Outstanding training: To start your career, you will begin with 6 weeks’ long training in Houston, TX learning United safety and customer service standards. Following the successful completion of this training, we will gladly welcome you aboard as a full-time employee.
A “People-First” demeanor: Ability to adapt/respond to different types of customer-facing scenarios. A passion to serve with optimism and positivity. Direct engagement with customers through outstanding interpersonal skills, good judgment, and the ability to resolve issues with understanding, compassion, and grace. Influence customer loyalty through excellent service. Represent United with pride and distinction.
Flexibility: With the most comprehensive route network in the world, United’s flight attendants are available for global assignments 24/7, including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours. You will fulfill reserve assignments on short notice and be away from your base for days at a time. Dependability and timeliness are critical to success in this role and to operating our schedule and meeting customer expectations.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- 20 years of age or older at the time of application
- Professional appearance, excellent grooming standards, and willingness to follow uniform, hair, tattoo, and piercing guidelines
- Ability to proficiently operate electronic devices (phones, tablets, laptops, etc). for the completion of required tasks
- The ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend, stoop, stretch, reach, lift heavy objects (such as luggage to overhead bin or window exit) and push and pull beverage cart (up to 250 lbs.).
- Ability to sit in an assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened.
- High school diploma or equivalent; 2 or more years of college preferred
- Experience in the service industry (such as customer, retail, hospitality, food, aviation, safety, social service, healthcare/medical position, or military)
- Effective communication is crucial in the event of high-stress situations such as aircraft evacuation, security threats, delays, medical emergencies, severe weather conditions, and turbulence.
- Expectation to serve and/or sell food and beverages in a diligent and professional manner.
- Other requirements as set forth in the Flight Attendant job description (view here). Please be advised that the above is not the official overview of the qualifications/requirements of the position.
- Possession of a valid U.S. passport or foreign passport with applicable visas and eligibility to travel globally without restrictions
- English language proficiency; second languages such as Hebrew, Hindi, Dutch, and German are an asset
What you receive for delivering your best
- Additional compensation for language skills, leadership positions, and international trips.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), vacation, and sick time.
- Flight privileges: you, your family, and your friends can fly anywhere in the world on standby.
- United is pleased to offer employees a competitive compensation package including industry-leading pay, exceptional benefits, and travel privileges.
- United offers inclusive uniform standards where our employees feel welcome to be their authentic selves at work and celebrate their individuality.
- United puts safety and cleanliness at the forefront of the travel experience for employees and customers.
- During training, United provides a $140/week per diem, along with accommodations, breakfast, and lunch.
- A payment plan is available to purchase the initial uniform and luggage.