Website Virgin Atlantic
At Virgin Atlantic, we pride ourselves on providing the ultimate flying experience. Our customers mean everything to us and, as an iconic airline, they have come to expect nothing less from us than exemplary service with a human touch. Delivering these falls to our dedicated and highly professional cabin crew. So if you can combine energy and enthusiasm with resilience and team spirit.
Our customers fly with us to connect with destinations the world over. To make their journeys as special as possible, you’ll bring the warmth and personality, charm, and intelligence to delight, entertain, pamper and indulge in equal measure. And if you’re degree educated, know all about great customer service and write and speak English and Hindi fluently – Marathi or Gujarat) for our Mumbai-based crew would be a plus too – so much the better.
Cabin Crew Job Responsibilities
- Attend a pre-flight briefing during which the cabin crew is assigned to their positions once onboard and get informed about flight details.
- Perform pre-flight tasks, including checking safety equipment, aircraft is clean and tidy, meals are on board, and having first aid equipment.
- Greet passengers on board.
- Serve meals and refreshments to passengers.
- Sell tax-free items and inform passengers of any allowance restrictions in effect at their destination.
- Inform passengers of aircraft safety procedures.
- Checking all passenger seat belts, checking galleys, and securing it before takeoff.
- Make announcements to inform passengers if required.
- Manage any incidents that may occur on board the aircraft
- Ensure that passengers disembark safely at the end of a flight and check that there is no luggage left in the overhead compartments, toilets, and galley areas.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must be able to pass a full medical, including sight and hearing tests
- Must have a height of between 5 ft and 6 ft
- Must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom without restriction, and to travel worldwide
- Weight should be proportionate to height
- Must have a good level of health and fitness
- As a cabin crew applicant, your age should be 18 years or above
- You should be fluent in both written and spoken English
- You must be able to swim 25 meters of uncontrolled and running water and a life jacket must be manually inflated
- You must have a minimum of three GCSE or equivalent level passes
- The heights requirement for virgin cabin crew jobs is 210cm (arms reach)
- Sitting on our jump seat be able to get your feet flat on the floor
- No criminal case or case pending applicant is allowed for this job.
- Must be willing to relocate immediately to the allocated base
- Must have no visible tattoos or piercings